Wednesday, October 5, 2011

#12 RUNNING

I know that you are probably thinking that I have said I hate running (Mom...), but my personal experience with it isn't why I am writing about it, it's running in general. I run on my school's cross country team, and I know that I do complain about running and how terrible I feel and how stiff I am, but something about running is awesome. I don't know quite what it is. If it's how amazingly fast you can lose weight by using it daily. Or the fact that when you run (or when I do at least) I never think, I only think beforehand how bad it's going to be and after about how I did. I've actually tried to think and run at the same time but I can only focus on... well, nothing, I don't even know how or why. Or maybe its that reliable satisfaction after running that, when not compared to others, but yourself and only yourself, just makes you feel: wow, I can do that. Maybe it's the fact that it is a sport and yet it doesn't have to be. Or perhaps it's the superhuman strength of some and others the superhuman persistence. Or even the transportation aspect of it, you're moving (fast or slow), racing, running to a destination that can only be described to yourself or someone who's been there before...
It's just awesome.

No comments: